Pomfret Fish – 10 pieces
Parsley leaves – 200 gm
Cheese Singles – 6 pieces
Lime – 6 to 8 pieces
Ground Garam Masala or Tandoori Masala
Garlic (2 whole), Onion (4 whole), Green chilies (4 -6), Green pepper(1 large), Ginger (20 gm),Tomato (2 whole)
Rice flour & Corn flour
- Heat 1 table spoon of butter or olive oil in a pan. Add chopped green chilies, garlic and green peppers to it and stir as it crackles. Fry for 2 – 3 minutes and then add the chopped onions and ginger and further fry for 3 – 5 minutes.
- Add 3 table spoon of Garam Masala or Tandoori Masala and ground pepper and stir for 5 minutes adding 2 table spoon of water twice in between. Add a pinch of turmeric powder and 6 slices of cheese and cook till the cheese melt and had blended with the mixture.
- Empty the mixture into a grinder and add freshly chopped parsley and blend until it becomes a paste. Add fresh lime juice and salt to taste to the mixture.
- Clean the fish and marinate it with the mixture and then add rice flour and corn flour in the ratio 3:1 so as to form a light coating over the fish. Keep it aside for 1 and half hour.
- Shallow fry the marinated fish is olive oil.
- Serve the fish with a garnish of freshly chopped parsley and grated cheese and a slice of lime. It can also be served with garlic mint sauce.
Chargrilled Fried Chicken
Chargrilled Fried Chicken
Small or boneless pieces of chicken 1 and ½ kg
Vinegar, soya sauce, green chilies
Ginger – 15 gm, Garlic – 2 whole, Onion – 2 medium-sized, tomatoes – 2 medium-sized. [All chopped]
Corn Flour, Rice powder or bread crumbs
Kasturi Methi / Parsley [either fresh or dried can be used for any one of these] 2 table-spoon
Oregano – 3 table-spoon, black pepper powder – 1 tea-spoon
Chargrill spice / tandoori Chicken Masala – 2 table-spoon
Clean the chicken and put it a mixture of vinegar and water. The mixture should contain 5 table-spoon of vinegar, 2 sliced green chilies, 2 cloves garlic (crushed) salt and enough water to submerge the chicken. Keep it aside for 3 -5 hours.
Put the chopped tomatoes and garlic and onion in the oven and grill it for 15 – 20 minutes. Once they are soft and grilled, take them out and put them into a hot wok [non-stick] with a tea spoon of olive or white oil.
Add 2 to 3 green chilies, oregano and Chargrill spice / tandoori Chicken Masala and Kasturi Methi / Parsley. Add 1 table-spoon on vinegar and 2 table-spoon of soya sauce [light], black pepper and salt to taste.
Once these mixtures becomes paste remove from heat and allow it to cool down for 15 minutes and add 4 table-spoon of Corn Flour and 2 table-spoon of Rice powder or bread crumbs.
Take the chicken out of the vinegar water and dry it. Apply the mixture generously on the chicken and add Corn Flour, Rice Powder or bread crumbs to the extent to form a light coating over it.
Keep it aside for 1 – 2 hours. Shallow fry in hot nonstick pan in olive or white oil. Empty fried chicken, in tissue paper to soak excess oil.
To garnish, sprinkle freshly chopped parsley and finely chopped onions over the fried chicken.
For DIP – a mixture of tomato ketchup and green Chilly Sauce and a tea-spoon of soya sauce and salt to taste.
- Burnt Garlic Pepper Chicken
Cleaned and dressed chicken (with bone or boneless) 2 kg
Garlic cloves (Whole) 75gm
Freshly ground pepper or Pepper corn 3 table-spoon
Green chilies – 4 -5 pieces
Capsicum/ green pepper – 1 whole [coarsely chopped]
Onion 5 large [coarsely chopped]
Tomato – 2 [coarsely chopped]
Bay leaf – 1
Chaat Masala – 1 table-spoon
Tabasco, non-fruit vinegar, light soya sauce, butter
1) Heat a thin bottom pan until piping hot. Add 1 table-spoon butter to the heated pan and let it smoke.
2) Add entire garlic to the pan and let it smoke and burn, add the capsicum within a minute followed by the green chilies and 3 onions and bay leaf, keep stirring as the pan as it smokes. Add the pepper corns followed by the tomatoes. Add a table-spoon of vinegar followed by a table-spoon of soya sauce and chaat masala.
3) Once all the ingredients turn dark brown in colour add 2 table-spoon of water and turn off the heat
4) Empty the contents in a mixer and add a tea-spoon of butter and mix it well till the ingredients are coarsely ground. YOUR MARINATE IS READY.
5) Marinate the chicken with ¾ of the mixture and keep it aside for 3 -4 hours.
6) Heat two table-spoon of oil of butter in a pan, add the remaining chopped onion once the pan is hot, allow the onions to turn translucent, and then add the ¼ marinate, and stir well for 1 minute; add the marinated chicken immediately.
7) Cook on high flame for 5 minutes constantly stirring the chicken so that the chicken does not get too charred.
8) Add 100ml water and bring to boil; Once boiling turn to low flame and cover the pan for 10 minutes. Once the chicken is cooked and the water has dried add a table-spoon of tabasco and 1 tea-spoon of vinegar and stir for a minute.
9) Empty the chicken into a plate and garnish with sliced capsicum/onion and tomato mixed with chaat masala and lemon juice. Sprinkle freshly ground pepper and/or coriander all over the plate and your serving is ready.