Cleaned and dressed chicken (with bone or boneless) 2 kg
Garlic cloves (Whole) 75gm
Freshly ground pepper or Pepper corn 3 table-spoon
Green chilies – 4 -5 pieces
Capsicum/ green pepper – 1 whole [coarsely chopped]
Onion 5 large [coarsely chopped]
Tomato – 2 [coarsely chopped]
Bay leaf – 1
Chaat Masala – 1 table-spoon
Tabasco, non-fruit vinegar, light soya sauce, butter
1) Heat a thin bottom pan until piping hot. Add 1 table-spoon butter to the heated pan and let it smoke.
2) Add entire garlic to the pan and let it smoke and burn, add the capsicum within a minute followed by the green chilies and 3 onions and bay leaf, keep stirring as the pan as it smokes. Add the pepper corns followed by the tomatoes. Add a table-spoon of vinegar followed by a table-spoon of soya sauce and chaat masala.
3) Once all the ingredients turn dark brown in colour add 2 table-spoon of water and turn off the heat
4) Empty the contents in a mixer and add a tea-spoon of butter and mix it well till the ingredients are coarsely ground. YOUR MARINATE IS READY.
5) Marinate the chicken with ¾ of the mixture and keep it aside for 3 -4 hours.
6) Heat two table-spoon of oil of butter in a pan, add the remaining chopped onion once the pan is hot, allow the onions to turn translucent, and then add the ¼ marinate, and stir well for 1 minute; add the marinated chicken immediately.
7) Cook on high flame for 5 minutes constantly stirring the chicken so that the chicken does not get too charred.
8) Add 100ml water and bring to boil; Once boiling turn to low flame and cover the pan for 10 minutes. Once the chicken is cooked and the water has dried add a table-spoon of tabasco and 1 tea-spoon of vinegar and stir for a minute.
9) Empty the chicken into a plate and garnish with sliced capsicum/onion and tomato mixed with chaat masala and lemon juice. Sprinkle freshly ground pepper and/or coriander all over the plate and your serving is ready.