Is France not , truest definition of a Secular Country ?
On his two-day visit to India , the French foreign minister, Allain Juppe, declared that the ban on wearing Turban would remain intact which has majorly hurt the religious sentiments of Indians(Sikhs), living in France. French Foreign Minister has cleared that France being a secular country does not allow displaying religious symbols in public places and government buildings and offices. He cleared that they believe, religion should not intervene into the day-to-day life of people , living in France and neither should religion be dragged into politics. This ban is for everyone following any religion, residing in the country. Rooms for further discussion to find a better solution for the Sikh Community, is still intact.
Although, being an Indian , it hurts , in the first instance , to know , that turbans are banned in France but does it also not indicate that for France , Nationalism is a priority over everything else ?
The question which arises here is :
- What have Indian Governments, given us, so far , keeping religion and castes prominent, just for vote-bank politics ? None of the governments , since freedom , have been impartial. Some gave upper hand to minorities, in the country and some gave upper hand to specific religions and castes.
- What did we Indians get , being religious fanatics ? Did we not get riots, in the name of religion ? Did we not get Maoists and Terrorists, in the name of religion and caste discrimination ?
- Is it not true that, “religion – The way to reach God” , has been the prime reason to separate hearts , living within the same national boundary ?
- Do we all , follow our respective religions properly enough ? Every religion carries the common message of spreading Love and Care and not kill and get killed, in the name of God . Do we all follow it ?
- Do we not interpret religion and its messages, as per our thought process and convenience ?
- Is Religion Bigger Than Nationalism ?
- Is our religous identity more important than our national identity ?
2 thoughts on “Turban Ban Remains Intact For Sikhs, in France !”
Very nice indeed. Just love reading about religion.
Thanks Taoism.there are hundreds of reasons to discriminate and only one reason not to and that is we all are humans residing in the same planet ! Hope racists and religious fanatics realize it before its too late . God Bless !